With the next Mayoral election being held on Monday, this may well be my last Mayoral column. Read More...
- Civic Administration Building
Church Street, Dubbo, NSW, 2830
- Office hours:
9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Mailing address:
PO Box 81, Dubbo, NSW, 2830
- Telephone: (02) 6801 4000
- Fax: (02) 6801 4259
- Email: Email us today
Our next Community Leaders breakfast is on this Saturday from 8am to 10am at the Cyril Flood Rotunda. Read More...
It is exciting to see a significant amount of construction being undertaken in Dubbo at the moment and many residents I speak with are curious in relation to the progress of different projects. Read More...
Last Saturday I had the pleasure of riding the ‘Fender Blender’ to make orange juice for intrigued onlookers at the Dubbo Farmers Markets. Apart from making me work up a sweat, the idea was to raise awareness about the upcoming Dubbo Sustainable City Expo. The Expo is now in its ninth year and, for the first time ever, the Expo is being combined with Science Café. There will be 30 exhibitors with displays that aim to help residents reduce their environmental footprint and experts on hand to discuss the latest sustainable living technology, appliances and services. The Science Café will have a number of activities aimed at showing some of the wonders of science as part of National Science Week. I encourage you to visit the Dubbo Regional Botanic Garden between 9am and 2pm this Saturday. Read More...
The Evocity MTB Series, which will hopefully be the most lucrative in the nation when it is run next year, is gathering momentum. Read More...
This is my 150th Mayoral Column for the Daily Liberal and, ignoring any other publication, that equates to approximately 63,000 words I have written for this column alone. It may seem like a lot but the reality is that I struggle to squeeze the column down to 420 words each week. There is so much happening in Dubbo each and every week that I have never had a case of ‘Writer’s Block’ when it comes to this column. This week is no exception. Read More...
- A definite shift in the way Council carries out its business
- Relationships with Asia, regional cities, environment show Dubbo's personality, values
- Regional cities demonstrate success of collaboration
- New CEO series to help businesses in Dubbo
- Admissions from a Mayor who values Freedom of Speech
- Dubbo pride swells post-Australia Day 2015
- One week reveals dozens of people who choose to live, work in Dubbo
- Sombre week in Paris highlights beauty of freedom, democracy
- 2015 starts with a bang, major projects under way
- Dubbo ranks high across major sports scenes