It was fantastic to see the ICC Cricket World Cup in Dubbo yesterday as part of an international tour in the lead up to the 2015 World Cup, being hosted in Australia and New Zealand. We’ve been very fortunate in sport over the past few months, with the Wallabies and Bledisloe Cup visit on 4 August and the Country V City match on 4 May preceding this tour. Read More...
- Civic Administration Building
Church Street, Dubbo, NSW, 2830
- Office hours:
9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Mailing address:
PO Box 81, Dubbo, NSW, 2830
- Telephone: (02) 6801 4000
- Fax: (02) 6801 4259
- Email: Email us today
The last week has seen an unusually high number of events involving people making a social difference in our lives. At the end of last week I attended a lunch for the Clontarf Foundation. Clontarf has only been in Dubbo for two school terms but already Delroy Campus has seen a 6.4 per cent increase in attendance from the boys that are part of the program. Clontarf has been hugely successful in other parts of the country and I see no reason to expect anything other than incredible success. Read More...
This Sunday marks 165 years since Dubbo was gazetted as a Village and, as is now the tradition, we will celebrate Dubbo Day with a number of awards for people in our community who make ongoing contributions to our City. Read More...
I have been very privileged this week to join the official delegation travelling from Dubbo to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Dubbo’s Sister City relationship with Minokamo in Japan. Read More...
In recognition of the exciting news from Kalgoorlie last Sunday that Dubbo was successful in its bid to host the Regional Arts Australia Conference and Festival from 27-30 October in 2016, I thought it would be appropriate to dip my toe into the arts scene and write a poem to commemorate the announcement. Read More...
- Improving communication - but don't just take my word for it
- Town's potential can't be measured from a distance
- Back from the "Future" in time for school holidays and global matters
- Why a packed gallery is a good thing
- Musings on the Magna Carta and modern democracy
- Networking in our Nation's capital
- How Dubbo got direct flights to Brisbane
- Tour de OROC is back in 2015
- Constructive criticism is key to better outcomes
- Anzac memory lives on with new Memorial Walk