- Civic Administration Building
Church Street, Dubbo, NSW, 2830
- Office hours:
9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Mailing address:
PO Box 81, Dubbo, NSW, 2830
- Telephone: (02) 6801 4000
- Fax: (02) 6801 4259
- Email: Email us today
The number one ranked batsman in the world, Stephen Smith, scored his first Test double century four days ago in the second Ashes Test. I will never experience the pleasure of a Test double-century but I am hugely satisfied with this being my 200th Mayoral Column Read More...
On Monday night we saw a textbook example of the benefits of a modern democracy combined with an open progressive Council. Read More...
I am currently sitting in chilly Canberra (5°C last night) attending the annual National General Assembly which is a gathering of all 565 Councils from across the nation. This is an opportunity to hear from our Federal politicians (such as Warren Truss; Bill Shorten and Richard Di Natale) and from national leaders (such as current Australian of the Year, Rosie Batty) and from a number of people involved in Local Government across Australia and even representatives from New Zealand. Read More...
Forget submissions closing last Friday on our $160 million Operational Plan and Budget for the next year or Ignite our Centre ideas or even the most significant reform of Local Government since 1993, Fit for the Future, all anyone has been able to talk to me about since the announcement on Friday morning is the fact that we will have direct flights to Brisbane within six weeks. Read More...
- Evocities: Converting dollars to re-locators
- International Visitors, birthday Milestones and grand designs
- Improving communication - but don't just take my word for it
- Town's potential can't be measured from a distance
- Back from the "Future" in time for school holidays and global matters
- Why a packed gallery is a good thing
- Musings on the Magna Carta and modern democracy
- Networking in our Nation's capital
- How Dubbo got direct flights to Brisbane
- Tour de OROC is back in 2015