I am sure most of you would have heard news that a $40 million development application has been lodged for the development of a shopping centre in Dubbo’s CBD. The DA includes commercial premises (offices and retail), shop-top housing, serviced apartments, motel accommodation and car parking. This type of development proposal shows continued confidence in our City and it will significantly strengthen our CBD. As you can appreciate, a DA of this scale and complexity will undoubtedly involve a number of other agencies, stakeholders, a review by the community - including a public exhibition period - and may even require additional information from the applicant, so the total timeframe for processing may take up to five months. But the important thing is that the DA – which will ultimately be determined by the Joint Regional Planning Panel - has been lodged and assessment by Council can now start and our staff will endeavour to assess this application in the shortest possible timeframe. Read More...
- Civic Administration Building
Church Street, Dubbo, NSW, 2830
- Office hours:
9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Mailing address:
PO Box 81, Dubbo, NSW, 2830
- Telephone: (02) 6801 4000
- Fax: (02) 6801 4259
- Email: Email us today
Friday, April 27, 2012
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
While on the subject of good ideas, I have spent some additional time speaking with businesses along Macquarie Street in relation to current furniture and street cleaning. I heard some suggestions that the ‘bad’ furniture should be removed from Macquarie Street but I have never understood that furniture itself is bad and I have observed many law-abiding and sensible residents of Dubbo taking advantage of the street furniture. The business owners that I have spoken with are much keener to see the police take action against people who are not following the laws of our land. Read More...
- We're making community consultation easier than ever
- Another announcement about the second high-level bridge at Dubbo
- International-standard centre upgrade and championship-qualifying athletes double - coincidence?
- The imperfections of democracy and hazards of decision-making
- Horror night, Inland Forum, Senior Citizens make for a busy week
- A definite shift in the way Council carries out its business
- Relationships with Asia, regional cities, environment show Dubbo's personality, values
- Regional cities demonstrate success of collaboration
- New CEO series to help businesses in Dubbo
- Admissions from a Mayor who values Freedom of Speech
summer crime prevention Dubbo 2036 economic development Mayoral Column youth transport promotions Barden Park safety parks reserve community Policy Mayor of Dubbo cycleway Weekender Column animals saleyards Evocities cycling Sport business awards support Road safety volunteers Christmas school health gardens Apex Oval funding student exchange festival sustainability culture heritage NBN renewable energy farmers market land skate park sister city water roads Dubbo Regional Botanic Garden infrastructure environmental sustainability airport Macquarie River LEP consultation Indigenous housing recreation community funding development BOD community grant villages networking seniors Council meeting water safety events recycling public exhibition