I am sure most of you would have heard news that a $40 million development application has been lodged for the development of a shopping centre in Dubbo’s CBD. The DA includes commercial premises (offices and retail), shop-top housing, serviced apartments, motel accommodation and car parking. This type of development proposal shows continued confidence in our City and it will significantly strengthen our CBD. As you can appreciate, a DA of this scale and complexity will undoubtedly involve a number of other agencies, stakeholders, a review by the community - including a public exhibition period - and may even require additional information from the applicant, so the total timeframe for processing may take up to five months. But the important thing is that the DA – which will ultimately be determined by the Joint Regional Planning Panel - has been lodged and assessment by Council can now start and our staff will endeavour to assess this application in the shortest possible timeframe. Read More...
- Civic Administration Building
Church Street, Dubbo, NSW, 2830
- Office hours:
9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Mailing address:
PO Box 81, Dubbo, NSW, 2830
- Telephone: (02) 6801 4000
- Fax: (02) 6801 4259
- Email: Email us today
Friday, April 27, 2012
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
While on the subject of good ideas, I have spent some additional time speaking with businesses along Macquarie Street in relation to current furniture and street cleaning. I heard some suggestions that the ‘bad’ furniture should be removed from Macquarie Street but I have never understood that furniture itself is bad and I have observed many law-abiding and sensible residents of Dubbo taking advantage of the street furniture. The business owners that I have spoken with are much keener to see the police take action against people who are not following the laws of our land. Read More...
- Tour de OROC is back in 2015
- Constructive criticism is key to better outcomes
- Anzac memory lives on with new Memorial Walk
- We're making community consultation easier than ever
- Another announcement about the second high-level bridge at Dubbo
- International-standard centre upgrade and championship-qualifying athletes double - coincidence?
- The imperfections of democracy and hazards of decision-making
- Horror night, Inland Forum, Senior Citizens make for a busy week
- A definite shift in the way Council carries out its business
- Relationships with Asia, regional cities, environment show Dubbo's personality, values
Council meeting sister city Dubbo 2036 Dubbo Regional Botanic Garden NBN reserve business networking funding Macquarie River land Mayor of Dubbo water safety Sport support housing summer community funding volunteers cycling school health Policy airport development recreation BOD history festival Barden Park villages youth cycleway transport Evocities public exhibition events roads skate park Anzac sustainability Christmas renewable energy water community grant crime prevention parks gardens animals Indigenous culture Apex Oval heritage Weekender Column seniors environmental sustainability infrastructure student exchange recycling LEP Road safety saleyards promotions farmers market awards safety economic development community Mayoral Column consultation