I am sure most of you would have heard news that a $40 million development application has been lodged for the development of a shopping centre in Dubbo’s CBD. The DA includes commercial premises (offices and retail), shop-top housing, serviced apartments, motel accommodation and car parking. This type of development proposal shows continued confidence in our City and it will significantly strengthen our CBD. As you can appreciate, a DA of this scale and complexity will undoubtedly involve a number of other agencies, stakeholders, a review by the community - including a public exhibition period - and may even require additional information from the applicant, so the total timeframe for processing may take up to five months. But the important thing is that the DA – which will ultimately be determined by the Joint Regional Planning Panel - has been lodged and assessment by Council can now start and our staff will endeavour to assess this application in the shortest possible timeframe. Read More...
- Civic Administration Building
Church Street, Dubbo, NSW, 2830
- Office hours:
9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Mailing address:
PO Box 81, Dubbo, NSW, 2830
- Telephone: (02) 6801 4000
- Fax: (02) 6801 4259
- Email: Email us today
Friday, April 27, 2012
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
While on the subject of good ideas, I have spent some additional time speaking with businesses along Macquarie Street in relation to current furniture and street cleaning. I heard some suggestions that the ‘bad’ furniture should be removed from Macquarie Street but I have never understood that furniture itself is bad and I have observed many law-abiding and sensible residents of Dubbo taking advantage of the street furniture. The business owners that I have spoken with are much keener to see the police take action against people who are not following the laws of our land. Read More...
- International-standard centre upgrade and championship-qualifying athletes double - coincidence?
- The imperfections of democracy and hazards of decision-making
- Horror night, Inland Forum, Senior Citizens make for a busy week
- A definite shift in the way Council carries out its business
- Relationships with Asia, regional cities, environment show Dubbo's personality, values
- Regional cities demonstrate success of collaboration
- New CEO series to help businesses in Dubbo
- Admissions from a Mayor who values Freedom of Speech
- Dubbo pride swells post-Australia Day 2015
- One week reveals dozens of people who choose to live, work in Dubbo
business NBN water safety infrastructure airport support Policy land Indigenous culture saleyards economic development villages seniors youth promotions farmers market Christmas renewable energy environmental sustainability health sister city Road safety Sport Barden Park Mayoral Column networking summer Dubbo 2036 parks LEP recreation Macquarie River Dubbo Regional Botanic Garden Apex Oval reserve gardens community funding cycling recycling crime prevention events Council meeting Weekender Column skate park housing Evocities sustainability animals safety school Mayor of Dubbo transport water student exchange cycleway funding consultation BOD development community grant awards community public exhibition heritage roads festival volunteers